THE GREAT AMERICAN TREASURE HUNT CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES FOR GENERAL QUESTS
- Everyone 18+ anywhere is permitted to register as a participant.
- All sales are FINAL, but we do understand that sometimes Life Happens. Refund Request MUST be made in writing to email@example.com within 48 hours of your original purchase to be considered. All sales are final on merch orders & chocolate bar orders with no exceptions.
- Johnny’s treasure quest llc. Treasure “buyback” terms: We reserve the right to refuse buying back treasure for any reason. All treasure value is listed, estimated, and priced according to “suggested retail”. Johnnys treasure quest llc will honor the full buyback “suggested retail” value of the stated treasure value only if paid participation is a total of 250 group members or more. If a group does not meet a total of 250 members or more, Johnnys treasure quest llc may offer a “melt” value buyback. The “melt” value is the “spot” price of commodities including gold, silver and other precious metals. The “melt” value is determined by the current ask price of the NY stock exchange at time of buyback and/or market close each day. Melt value is approximately 1/3 of the listed treasure value.
- You do not just have to live in Michigan or in the specific region location where the treasure is buried to participate. Although anyone may purchase tickets, they will be limited at our discretion.
- *(Newly updated 4/28/2021) Unfortunately due to abuse: Participants will no longer be unearthing physical, real treasure from the ground nor in places where treasure was hidden. Participants will be searching for a physical wooden craft store letter "X" with embedded serial number. Participants must find and present the "X" in person to redeem treasure value. Every "X" has a serial number with a redemption that is associated with the listed treasure value. Each “X” has a GPS tracking device attached to alert us of a potential claimant.
- Only paid participants 17 years of age or older of Johnny's treasure quest llc. are able to redeem an "X" and must provide proof of paid transaction. Important announcement. We have changed some rules.
Due to abuse. A Treasure ticket is valid only for the ticket purchaser and one other adult 17 years old or above. Children/minors 16 years or younger have free admission but only accompanied by a ticket holding adult. So if your group contains more then two adults 17 years old and above, each additional pair of adults will need to have a ticket. Additionally, if you are caught trying to cheat the system and you are reported to us, we will be investigating and simply removing violators from JTQ.
You will be asked to put in your hunting partners name and the number of minors that will be hunting with you.
This will be strictly enforced and will be going into effect immediately moving forward from this day Monday, August 9 2021.
- Please be respectful of property and be cautious not to harm the surrounding nature. “X” will always mark the spot.
- I have attached advanced GPS trackers onto each "X" so we can be made aware that an "X" has been discovered. If you discover the redemption "X", please bring the GPS back to us at the following address: 7805 26 mile rd. Washington township, MI. 48094 JTQ headquarters phone: 248 231.1239
- Posting or sharing clues on social media and/or through any other means to a third party is strictly prohibited. Consequences of these said actions will immediately disqualify you from the current and any future adventure quest treasure hunts. Furthermore your ticket will be revoked and any retrieval attempts to acquire the treasure thereafter will be met with legal action. In other words, please DO NOT share any clues for any reason to anyone other then yourself, or your immediate team mates (limited to your immediate family or household).
- Please do not ruin the adventure for everyone! DO NOT BY ANY MEANS SHARE THE CLUE(S) ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR ANY OTHER PLATFORM VISIBLE TO PUBLIC VIEW. Please protect the privacy of the clue(s) limiting access to yourself as a registered participant and the members of your team only (limited to your immediate household family members). By registering and participating in ANY Johnny's Treasure Quest event you are acknowledging that you have read and fully understand and agree to the liability waiver found on www.johnnystreasurequest.com and during your registration. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately and fully served by our legal affiliates. Anyone infringing in our creative and intellectual property will also be addressed by full legal action.
- By participating in this event, you agree on behalf of yourself and anyone you may choose to include as a Quest Partner and/or (limited to your immediate household family members) with the terms of the mandatory Liability Waiver and Release.
- We hold NO responsibility for determining the rightful claimant in the rare event that multiple teams locate it at the same time.
- In the event that a Quest would need to be rescheduled or canceled before the Quest start date due to unforeseen circumstances of any kind, any pre-paid Quests will be refunded. Once the clues are given - ALL SALES ARE FINAL, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule Quests as mandated by governing entities or due to any other unforeseen circumstances, or circumstance outside of our control.
- We reserve the right to limit the participant number of Quest availability as well as cancel any Quest if the participation number is not sufficent enough.
- We reserve the right to refuse ANY participant access for ANY reason
- We require that every participant in every capacity of a Quest conduct themselves with the highest level of personal integrity and respect to every member of the community and toward all manner of property at all times.
- We reserve the right to alter a Quest in the event that there is a confidentiality breach of any kind by any participant. Loose lips, sink ships.
JTQ OFFICIAL REFUND POLICY
All sales are FINAL, but we do understand that sometimes Life Happens. Refund Request MUST be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of your original purchase to be considered. No refunds will be issued after the clue for the quest is released. ALL SALES ARE FINAL on any last minute ticket sales.